CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Job

I'm a nanny as most of you know.  I have been taking care of two girls for almost a year now.  The youngest is 5 and just graduated from kindergarden, and her oldest sister is 10 and going to be a sixth grader next year.  They are pretty easy to watch, but when I first started there were a few habits I needed to work on.

The youngest girl, Miss 5-Going-On-30, literally acts like she is a 30 year old woman.  She is such a fashionista, with all her make-up and jewelry, and caring about how she looks all the time.  She has this cute little attitude and talks like she's your mom.  However, she gets very carried away at times, and she throws tantrums when she doesn't get what she wants.  That's where I put my foot down.  See, her parents, whom I love, let their kids do and have whatever they want, and when I started working for them, I had to nip that in the bud.  Miss 5 going on 30 is perfect when I'm with her, but as soon as a parent comes home, it's like there's this switch that turns on and she's back to being a spoiled brat, although she has gotten a lot better since I've been here, because her parents (well mostly the mom) has somewhat gotten on the band wagon with me and saying no a little more.

Miss Lazy-Know-It-All, the oldest, realizes how her younger sister acts, and sees how annoying it can be, and  knows that she can't just throw a tantrum to get what she wants.  She reminds me a little of myself, very smart and kind of funny at times.  However, she is very lazy for a 10 year old.  All she ever wants to do is watch TV, although, I guess, what kid at that age doesn't.  She also can never close anything or put anything away!  I'm kind of a neat freak, and she just leaves cabinets and drawers open, lights on, food and trash wherever she's sitting.  I constantly have to tell her "put this away," "pick this up," and "close this."  Even though she drives me crazy at times, I still love her.

I love my job and I love these girls...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...